Senior Creative Designer
The Democrat & Chronicle
As Western New York's up-to-date and largest multimedia company, we deliver essential information, news, responsible ideas, and diverse opinions 24 hours a day. With an expertise in social media, online advertising, web development, email programs and SEO, we are on the forefront of media technology.
- Conceptualize, create, and lay-out complex graphic designs for posters, advertisements, fliers, banners, educational materials, outside publications, in-paper promotional ads, signage and point of purchase materials, sales collateral, direct marketing pieces, digital media, and brochures.
- Design and build marketing web pages, online advertising and promotions as needed.
- Work with internal and external customers to develop graphic designs and present ideas and concepts to internal teams
- Maintain creative and production files of all assigned jobs, including history, work samples, and tear sheets
- Coordinate production efforts with Project Manager and staff to ensure proper electronic output.
Graphics Project Leader
Bausch & Lomb
Bausch + Lomb, an American company founded in Rochester, New York, is one of the world's largest suppliers of eye health products, including contact lenses, lens care products, medicines and implants for eye diseases.
- Work independently in graphics development and project management. This includes artwork and labeling management along with graphic design and development and creation/modification of necessary Marketing materials and Sales literature. Plant and print supplier support and interaction for all projects impacting art, labeling and packaging
- Maintain artwork files; electronic files and artwork archives. Manage artwork approval process including approving artwork, proofs and press approvals consistent with established standards.
- Global coordination of packaging graphics including standardization of designs (Global Branding) for worldwide use.
- Write, submit and manage approval of specifications in Global Document Management System (Documentum). Compliance with cGMP, FDA Regulations, and an understanding of regulated documents and change control.
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement projects. Proactively identify areas of improvement.
Digital Media Architect
The Coughlin Printing Group
Upstate New York's premier commercial print, promo and website provider.
- Create web graphics and articles to be placed into a CMS website.
- Manage CMS sites by fixing, updating, and maintaining content.
- Custom CSS editing to create unique look from pre-made templates.
- Create graphic layouts for business cards and other print based medias.
- Interact with clients to create the look and functionality they desire